RBI to issue new ‘Greenish Yellow’ coloured Rs 20 notes soon : Things to know
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will soon release new banknotes of Rs 20 denomination in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing the signature of Governor Shaktikanta Das. The new denomination has the motif of the Ellora Caves on the reverse, depicting the country’s cultural heritage.
The apex bank said that the base colour of the note is greenish yellow. All the banknotes in the denomination of Rs 20 issued by the RBI in the earlier series will continue to be legal tender, it clarified.
The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall color scheme, both at the obverse and reverse. The dimension of the new Rs 20 note will be 63 mm x 129 mm, the statement said.
Here are an image and details of the new Rs 20 denomination banknote:
1. See-through register with denominational numeral 20
2. Denominational numeral २० in Devanagari
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the center
4. Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत ‘, ‘INDIA’ and ’20’
5. Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI
6. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (20) watermarks
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left the side and bottom right side.
10. Year of printing of the note on the left
11. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan
12. Language panel
13. The motif of Ellora Caves
14. Denominational numeral २० in Devnagari.
The dimension of the banknote will be 63 mm x 129 mm