Vivo NEX 3 5G Is Official: 16MP Pop-up Cam, Waterfall Display And No More Butons
During this 2019, we came across endless solutions to expand the smartphone screen. We’ve seen smartphones with hole cameras, pop-up cameras, slider cameras… And we also have motorized cameras, an ingenuity with which the Vivo APEX dazzled in the MWC of 2018.
The Vivo APEX was a concept after which the first Vivo NEX was developed. The main premise remained: all front screen and motorized selfie camera to take advantage of its immense panel. And now, with the latest revision of the range, Vivo takes a leap forward by adopting what is called “waterfall edges” in Vivo NEX 3.
- Processor – Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ eight-core.
- 4 x Cortex A75 at 2.95 GHz.
- 4 x Cortex A55 at 1.8 GHz.
- RAM memory: 8/12 GB.
- Internal: 128/256 GB.
- MicroSD: no.
- Graphic: Adreno 630.
- Size: 6.89 inches.
- Resolution: 2256 x 1080 pixels.
- SuperAMOLED technology with super curved edges.
- Rear camera
- Resolution: 64 Mpx the main one, 13 Mpx with wide-angle and 13 Mpx and telephoto 2x.
- Openings: f / 2.09 + f / 2.2 + f / 2.48.
- Others: LED Flash.
- Front camera
- Resolution: 16 Mpx.
- Opening: f / 2.09.
- Others: motorized camera, LED flash.
- Connectivity: dual SIM, 4G / LTE, 5G version, Bluetooth 5, dual-band WiFi, NFC …
- 3.5 mm jack
- USB Type-C connector.
- Fingerprint sensor on the screen.
- Battery: 4500 mAh with a fast charge of 44 W.
- Dimensions: 167.44 x 76.14 x 9.4 mm.
- Weight: 217.3 g version 4G // 218.5 version 5G.
- Android version: Android 9 Pie.
- Custom layer: Funtouch OS 9.1.
Vivo NEX 3 offers hardware at the highest level while taking advantage of taking its exterior design to the extremely curved edges. Under the screen, a powerful Snapdragon 855+ is enhanced with big RAM and storage. In addition, the smartphone has a version prepared for 5G networks.
The appearance of the Vivo NEX 3 is very elegant and slim; with an immersion in the waterfall display. Now, the side buttons are replaced by sensors. So, everything is controlled with fingers.
Vivo says that it is one of the smartphones with a better utilization ratio since it reaches 99.6 %. The panel is of high-quality Super AMOLED; staying in FHD + resolution. Vivo does not dispense with two details that are usually missing in the highest-end Chinese mobile phones: the Vivo NEX 3 includes a 3.5 mm jack and also NFC. In addition, it boasts a fingerprint reader under the screen and includes a pressure sensor to improve the sensations when pressing the panel. The brand has also reduced false touches on the edges, something essential for a phone that is necessarily grabbed by the screen.
The front camera continues the path that initiated the Vivo APEX concept: it is motorized. The brand also guarantees the durability of the mechanism. The battery chosen to give life to the Vivo NEX 3 is 4500mAh, a figure that should give the phone more than one day away from the plug. And with the always welcome ultrafast charge: the phone includes a 44 W charger. Too bad it lacks wireless charging.
Right now, Vivo NEX 3 5G will be exclusive to China. It can be booked from today in the eastern country with the sale from September 21. Here is the list of prices:
- 4G Variant With 8/128 GB: Rs.49,990
- 5G Variant With 8/256 GB: Rs.57,590
- 5G Variant With 12/256 GB: Rs.61,990